Sunday School 9:00 am Sunday
Worship Service 10:00 am Sunday
Sunday School Christmas Program December 19th at 10 am
BUILT ON THE WORD
SERVING THE LORD
Who Are We
We are a family of believers whose hope and joy is in our God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We are families and members of all ages that are joined together to form a church. We worship in a building but we understand that the believers are the true Church.
Our members come from Argyle, Darlington, Blanchardville, Monroe , and neighboring communities in SW Wisconsin. We welcome all believers that are faithful and seeking God’s face.
Our goal is bring the true Gospel of our Lord—in all its Glory—to the world. We believe the Truth of God’s Holy Word and believe the Bible to be the final and ultimate truth source as inspired and shared by our Creator.
What We Believe
Our faith is built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Ephesians 2:20
- The Bible is inerrant and the authority in all areas of life.
- The teaching and preaching of God’s Word is the main task of the church. This teaching is to be conducted in a manner that builds the faith of believers and reveals the need for salvation to unbelievers. All teachings are subject to the test of 2 John 7-11.
- The congregation is God’s design for his kingdom on earth. No authority is above it but the Word and Spirit of God.
- Christian Unity is a spiritual concept and not a man-made organization.
- As Christians we are called to “be the salt and light in the world.” Our life—as individuals, as a congregation, and as a church institution –is to be separate from what is accepted in the world.
- All who attend the service and believe in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ are invited to partake in the communion sacrament.
How we are structured
- As an organization we have members and elected council members that provide for a structure for the Church to fulfill its mission.
- We are affiliated with the AFLC (Association of Free Lutheran Congregations). The AFLC does not have authority over any church but acts as a resource to enhance the spiritual life of its member congregations—offering opportunities to learn, share, and support fellow AFLC churches.
BIBLE STUDIES—small groups, men’s, ladies’ and couples Bible Studies are held throughout the year. Times, activities and studies are determined by the group members with the guidance of the Pastor. This time of learning and fellowship is an important part of building spiritual maturity in the Church.
Couples Plus Bible Study: 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of each month. Study and Dinner Fellowship. 6 pm
Tuesday Morning Bible Study: 9:30 am every Tuesday morning
S.O.S. The Gathering Table : Sisters gather every other Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm contact Gina Butson to get texting updates.
WMF Bible Study at 2 pm every Thursday
Men’s Breakfast Bible Study – Monthly at 6 am on the first Saturday of each month.
ACTIVITIES & MISSIONS
Activities that honor God’s Kingdom
- Our Sunday School program is for children ages 3 – 18. It takes place at 9 am during the traditional school year.
- Confirmation Class is a two year program for 7th and 8th
- Women’s Missionary Federation (WMF) consists of the women of the Church. Their work supports the mission of Cornerstone Lutheran Church and needs in our community and in the world. Monthly meetings are held to determine focus and offer fellowship to its members.
- Bible Study Groups
- An active Youth Group studies the Bible at weekly meetings. They work together to raise money and organize trips to the Free Lutheran Youth Conference (FLY) held every other year in Estes Park, Colorado. This week long conference is a pivotal experience—allowing the youth to immerse in the study and worship of God through the ministry of nationally acclaimed speakers, ministers and Christian musicians.
- Puppet Ministry –thanks to the talent of our Youth and other members, Cornerstone has enjoyed an engaging puppet ministry. And while it delights the children, the lessons are relevant for all those that are blessed to view the performances held during select Sunday services.
- VBS(Vacation Bible School) August 2-6 2021. Children ages 4 to 12 invited to enjoy song, crafts and bible study.
- Family Promise Buddy Church – Time and hospitality are donated to help serve the needs of homeless in Green County. Working with other churches we help provide food and shelter for those in the Family Promise program as they transition from homeless to self-supporting.
- Mission Jar Donations –Monthly mission focus allows members to support local or time sensitive needs with donations made during each service. A great opportunity for children to experience the purpose and joy of giving. This “spare change” donation tact has added up to thousands over the last several years.
- World Wide Mission – Missionary families sharing the Gospel throughout the world are supported through private donations as well as donations as approved by the Church Council.
- Local Food Pantry – Cornerstone supports the local food pantry with food donations and volunteers.
- Christmas Shoe Box Members prepare Shoe-boxes full of gift items for needy children throughout the world. This giving opportunity is organized by Samaritan’s Purse Charity. We will dedicate the Shoe Boxes on Sunday November 21, 2021.
Our Church Leaders
This Section is Under Construction. Please keep our Church in prayer as we search for a new pastor to lead our congregation and glorify God.
PO Box 164, Argyle, WI 53504